By Amy Cavender
One of the suggestions we make to people who are looking for either an incentive to encourage voluntary use of MyStudentBody, or who are looking to sweeten a requirement, is the use of a raffle. But, how do you actually do that?
Here’s one way to do a raffle that is both easy and green:
- Determine your prize, start and cut-off dates, and eligibility criteria (e.g., completing a course).
- Announce your program
- At the end of your entry period, run a course completion report for the course(s) that you had decided would be eligible
- Export the course completion report to excel and sort it by date
- Go to random.org, and set the minimum to 2 and the maximum to the number that corresponds with the last line of the spreadsheet, and click generate.
- Voila! You now have a random number that will correspond with the number of a line that has the name of the winning student!
You may want to have a witness or two with you, just for kicks, but that seems optional to me.
What do you think?